Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I use light whipping cream in this Mousse recipe?

Hey, guys. I have a Mousse recipe that calls for ';cold whipping cream';. In the directions it says to beat the mixture on medium speed


until mixture is ';stiff';. However, I would much rather use light whipping cream or fat free (if that even exists?), but would it still beat correctly until stiff? Here's the recipe:


1 envelope unflavored gelatin


2 tablespoons cold water


1/4 cup boiling water (for the gelatin)


1 cup sugar


1/2 cup cocoa


2 CUPS COLD WHIPPING CREAM


2 teaspoons vanilla extract





Also, please note I'm not talking about Cool Whip, or aerosol. : )Can I use light whipping cream in this Mousse recipe?
ya go aheadCan I use light whipping cream in this Mousse recipe?
No.





The light cream you are talking about is not whipping cream.





It is lite cream or 1/2 %26amp; 1/2.





There is no such thing as fat free cream.





You need Heavy WHIPPING cream, for it to work.
I would say no

No comments:

Post a Comment